Friday, February 6, 2009

Hip Hop History!

Aight so its 1:30am and Im up doing going thru some boxes filled with forgotten shit and things that need to be framed shit. Here's a poster that I've been wasting time with and not getting signatures from people that I know I should have had by now, especially from my Rock Steady family Frosty Freeze (RIP). Its the rare unreleased version of the Wild Style movie poster. I actually had it signed by Charlie Ahearn, Rodney C from Double Trouble / Funky 4+1 and the man himself, Dr. Revolt! Here's how the story goes. While in Philly doing the Wild Style Reunion event at Union Gallery, Ahearn was doing signings for his book and I just happened to have the poster handy with me. When I step up to get them to sign it every stops and bugs out in disbelief because none of the guys actually own the poster, Revolt especially bugged out said "do you know what you have in your hand?"..hahah..But of course I do! Soon I'll have it signed by all the necessary players and frame it up.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm...diggin through boxes! I like what I hear...

Skambeezy said...

skem you are hated!!
there i said it LOL

Mr Sonny James said...

Dude I'm sooooo jealous right now!

Anonymous said...

you have a blog?? i'm probably waaaaaaay late, huh. oh boy.

Leah Nicole Media Productions said...

Damn Skeme,
ahhhhh!!!!, You have some many gems.
The minute i think i'm doing something exclusive,you pop up with some crazy shit..

Damn iam hating. (Laughs)