Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Can I Count It Off!?

This past weekends 8th Wonder James Brown Tribute party was definitely one for the books.  It seemed as though everyone in New York was at that party all enjoying, grooving, moving ya know, can I count it off!?  But seriously, the placed was packed with fly gents and beautiful ladies the entire night and by 12:30am the spot was way past capacity and in full swing.  To start the night out Hot Peas & Butta's Kamui Sumida warmed up the crowd before I got on the decks for my hour set, after that it was all Monk One and Cosmo Baker dropping gems and going 2 for 2 for the next 2 hours!  To make it even more complete, the Funky Uncle and legendary New York Photographer Ricky Powell stayed in the DJ booth the entire time bugging out with us.  In addition to the already packed house was tons of my Philly fam, Rob Nasty from the Bay Area, Pjay, Ken Swift, Breakbeat Lou, Boogie Blind, DJ Prestige, Mfasis and a who's who list of royalty.

Here's a few pics from my camera but be on the look out for the full recap with professional photos on the Hot Peas & Butta site in the next few days.









No comments: