Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Living The Dream

Ever since getting my first set of turntables in 1981 I've loved being a DJ, the music and the all around culture of DJing.  I never set out to be "famous" but always wanted to be all city which eventually led to me being all world.  As a kid I never thought about it in a deep manor because I was involved with the culture at the same time as it was growing versus people who got into it in the 90's or later getting involved as it was already fully grown.  But in retrospect it has always been a dream to be able to do what I wanted to in life and be happy doing it at the same time.  Knowing that I don't have to sacrifice the art nor the love of the music by playing shit that I don't believe in just for the sake of getting a check and satisfying club owners.  Yet I get to travel the globe blessing people with great timeless music, new and old and still rock out for packed clubs.

Dreams do come true.


No comments: