Sunday, March 22, 2015

Grand Rapids Soul Club

This past Friday night I had the honor of DJ'ing at one of the most fun and official nights that caters to Funk, Soul and Modern Soul lovers, Grand Rapids Soul Club.  This was my first time visiting Grand Rapids and the hospitality that I received was great all across the board.  The day started with lunch at a great local restaurant where everything is made fresh, in house and from local ingredients. Everything on the menu was on point but I decided to go for the brisket with coleslaw on toasted rye. From there it was off to do a bit of digging, then sound check at the venue.  Pyramid Scheme is definitely a place that I would love to play more often and if I lived anywhere near Grand Rapids, it would definitely be a favorite hang out.  The sound system is on point, the beer selection and of course, the 25 or so pinball machines that are on display.  Once the doors opened and the night kicked off, it was smooth sailings from then on.  The crowd definitely understands and appreciates the music and it shows that the resident DJ's have done a great job of educating the audience and playing top choice cuts.

Grand Rapids Soul Club is definitely a party that I look forward to making a return visit to and one that I'm honored to add to it's lineup of guest DJ's.






No comments: