Thursday, April 25, 2013

Adjust Your Tracking

If you know me then you know that I (along with a gazillion other people) are avid collectors of films and footage on VHS.  Now I know your saying to yourself but it's on DVD and thats true, but just like with the vinyl vs CD debate, to a collector, Vinyl is valued and worth more and also more rare than CD's (which eventually become unplayable).  With VHS, yes your collecting for the movie itself, but your also collecting because of it's rarity, box art, company that produced the film and also the fact that it's never been released to DVD.  There's so many rare footage that you'll only find on this format, weather pre recorded or recorded from television in the 80's and never seen again, VHS is still my goto format of choice.

Looks like there's a new documentary titled Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector which I'm really excited to see as I'm sure fellow collectors are as well.  I don't expect people to go out and buy VCR's (yes they are still being made) but for all the collectors around the world this definitely looks like a must see.

No comments: