Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Art of It All

I have to say that my circle of Hot Peas and Butta fam are the illest around. Whenever we bounce out of town to visit each other or even if you just spot something along the way we always come bearing gifts. Weather it be a rare 45 from my Butta Bros Supreme La Rock, Art from The Elroy Jenkins, exclusive Japanese items from Big Chan or vintage 70's blaxploitation era goodness from my man Blax you just never know what you'll receive.

I haven't seen Elroy in a little over a month so homie missed my birthday which I've been celebrating the entire month of October just those those late gifts can keep rolling in. So Friday the homie came through with gift in hand and as always it was something amazing. When it comes to comic art hands down my favorite two artists are John Byrne and Neil Adams so when Elroy bless me with this limited edition book of Neil Adams art (Signed by Neil himself)I was blown away. You don't have to be deep into comic art to appreciate this book, Bruce Lee fans and also Blaxploitation fans will recognize Neil's art at first sight, even if you didn't know who he was previously.



2 comments:

Funk-Im said...

Neal Adams is one of my Comic Art Inspirations.

Skeme Richards said...

His work is amazing, definitely a book that you need if you don't already have it.