Monday, October 22, 2012

The Boogie Down

It's not often that I get to DJ in my own city but when I do it's always with fellow DJ's that I have the utmost respect for and a crowd that really shows mad love.  Next month I'll be playing records with a guy who that I consider an encyclopedia of musical knowledge and owner of Milkcrate Cafe, Botany 500 and the homie Mister Mike who always seems to keep me in the loop of new music that I've never heard before at their party The Boogie Down.  The Boogie Down is a Funk, Soul, Disco, Boogie, Hip Hop party for the lovers of good music, good drinks and who don't mind cutting the rug at Ortlieb's Lounge.

Of course I'll be bring crates of 7's and 12's for your enjoyment as well as Hot Peas & Butta visuals for those that enjoy the full spectrum.  Hopefully I'll see your face in the place!


No comments: