Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In The Bins

Reading and collecting comics is a tradition that I've had since a kid and even though I've stopped and started over the years I still find myself being pulled in for interesting new titles. With all of the going through records, making phone calls, sending emails and handling business it's not often that I get a free moment to sit and read but while on a plane or relaxing at the hotel in another country or before and after gigs I try to play catch up and zone out for an hour or so.

There's been a nice amount of titles being released lately that aren't the typical "superhero" types but more period pieces that I've been diggin up lately. Here's a few that you should definitely check out when your searching the bins.

Dark Shadows was a classic Vampire TV series that ran from 1966 to 1971 with a total of 1,225 episodes. For all the beat diggers out there your probably only familiar with this title because DJ Premier sampled from the Dark Shadows soundtrack.

I've always been a fan of the Spaghetti Western and World War II film genres so Helldorado and Operation Broken Wings both were no brainers to check out.



Flash Gordon was a title that I just picked up today, the first thing that attracted this issue to me was the cover art, I've always loved fantasy art so I had to scoop it for that alone. But after reading it, this will most definitely be on my monthly list to pick up.



The 5th and final issue to the Red Skull limited series finally dropped today, I've been waiting 5 months to read the storyline in one shot. As usual the cover art was what attracted me to this series, it was something about the propaganda style posters that they used which I hope will set the tone for this story.

No comments: