Monday, June 17, 2013

Welcome To Detroit

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to do a Q&A / Lecture and also to DJ in Detroit which was really amazing.  But I would have to say the highlight of the trip was definitely hearing stories about the cities rich cultural history and how "Detroit" the people really are.  The people that live there really take pride in their city and after visiting I realized that what you see in the media and what you think you know about the city is all wrong.  You have to visit there to see that it's not what's being portrayed on TV and news.  Most of my time walking around was in "Mexicantown" which is really refreshing because everything is Mexican owned Mom & Pop stores, Barbershops, restaurants, markets and bakeries.  I also had the opportunity to see some of the parks and places where legendary Hip Hop and Bboy battles went down.











No comments: