Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back from Portland!

So Im back from my all to short trip to Portland Oregon last weekend and as always I had crazy fun! Im out in PDX 2-3 times a year and its always the same pleasurable experience, peaceful and I always return mad motivated and energetic. This times no different, Portland has alot going on so over the course of the next couple posts I'll break some things down for you. Thurday nights is one of Portlands illest parties called "The Fix", you cant go wrong with a party that has DJ's Ohmega Watts, Rev. Shines and Kez manning the decks, always crazy gems pumpin thru the speakers. Friday night I made my return visit to another dope party, Heavy Rotation which is always a great experience. The thing about this party is that I can play gems across the board, everything from Hip Hop, funk & soul, afrobeat, latin, classics and house, the freedom is there just to zone out and rock the crowd. Saturday was Juice Jam '08 which is an all day park jam with DJ's and performances. Much props the Theory Hazit, dude is bananas behind the mic and Tanya Morgan gave an ill show, these dudes got energy! Saturday night was a special edition of the Fix which had special guest DJ, Jake One from Seattle. As always this is the place to be, people that know how to come out and have a good time, looking very fresh and not affraid to dance and enjoy themselves. Sunday was a late sleeper because my homey Huy and myself were making the 2 1/2 hr drive to Seattle to spin with the king himself, Mr. Supreme. What more can I say, its not often I get to spin with this cat but he still holds the crown for being one of most official dudes I know!

Besides the usual funfilled things I do when in Portland (ie. spending my hard earned quarters at Ground Kontrol, cop'in fresh kicks and wares at Complex and Upper Playground, diggin at the record spots and eating some of the freshest food around)Portland is still my favorite place to visit, it always feels like home.

No comments: